Sunday, May 3, 2009

Refried Bean Quesadillas

Back in September, I posted this Quesadilla recipe. I talked about what a wonderfully quick, simple and inexpensive meal it was (still very true). I talked about all the different types of fillings you could use (also still very true).

However, it would seem that since then my girls have settled on these Quesadillas as their most favorite and will accept no other. Which is okay, because my husband also loves them and they are really easy to throw together. Everyone wins.




Refried Bean Quesadillas
Serves 4

1 can refried beans
4 burrito size flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 avocado, sliced
sour cream for serving (optional)


Place the beans in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for two minutes.

Layer one quarter of the beans and one quarter of the cheese on one half of each tortilla.

Fold over each tortilla and cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.

Cut into quarters and serve with avocado slices and sour cream for dipping.


Refried Beans on Foodista


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! I'll have to try this . . . I love the idea of sharp cheddar, that must add a real tang to it! And really, I'll eat anything with avocado in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making these tonight and can't wait - they look simple and Wed is a busy night for us. You won me over when you said "throw together" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quesadillas! This recipe looks simple and yummy. Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind I'd love to direct Foodista readers to your blog. Just add your choice of widget to this post and you're all set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to mix a little salsa into the beans for added flavor! So yummy, might have them tonight!!

    ReplyDelete