Sunday, February 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last week's chili was a big hit. I had forgotten it was a meal both girls actually eat. And this time they both especially loved the beans, possibly because when I told Claire it had "kidney beans", she thought I said "candy beans".

This week I am planning my first ever two week menu. Our freezer and pantry are overflowing with odds and ends that I either bought on sale or bought for meals I never got around to making, including a 20 pound turkey in the freezer from after Thanksgiving. This menu is an attempt to use it all up. And the best part? My shopping list is only six items long!

Monday: Chicken Pot Pie and Mashed Potatoes

Tuesday: Bean Quesadillas

Wednesday: Pizza Night

Thursday: Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli

Friday: Braised Ribs with Rice and Corn

Saturday: Beef Stroganoff

Sunday: Roast Turkey, Gravy, Stuffing and Potatoes

Monday: Chicken Chili (made with turkey)

Tuesday: Pierogies and Broccoli

Wednesday: Pizza Night

Thursday: Turkey Noodle Soup

Friday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

AddThis Social Bookmark Button



4 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, your menu looks great as usual. I was just thinking this morning that I should put ribs on the menu soon -- I have a good one for the crock pot. Enjoy using everything up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great menu to use up foods you already have in. I'm trying to do the same this week. There is just so much stuff in my fridge that I have bought over a week ago and not used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great menu. I know what you mean about the full freezer. Mine needs to be cleared out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this last week but must not have commented. Looks like a great two weeks - I literally love every meal you posted.

    How do you do the chicken pot pie????

    ReplyDelete