Thursday, January 15, 2009

Slow Cooker Sauerbraten

This may be the easiest meal to ever to come out of your crock pot.

Inexpensive pork butt and sauerkraut in...




Delicious, incredibly tender meat out....




Add some mashed potatoes and you have a meal sure to satisfy meat loving men as well as picky kids. An easy weeknight meal that I have also served on Christmas.

My husband's family lived in Germany for six years, and I beleive this recipe comes from that period. My mother in law served it at my bridal shower and it is now a favorite with my side of the family as well. However, when I googled Sauerbraten, I got a bunch of totally different recipes. So I am really not sure what it is that we are making, but I do know it is easy and delicious.


Slow Cooker Sauerbraten

4-5 pound bone in pork roast
1 bag of sauerkraut


Place meat in crock pot. Pour sauerkraut and all juices over meat. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. It's that easy!

Serve with mashed potatoes.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

  1. YOu're right Sauerbraten is usually beef that has been brined in vinegar/water or buttermilk for a few days prior to roasting, but your dish sound great whether it is the right name or not! I love sauerkraut. Unfortunately I don't have a slowcooker anymore though. I left it behind when I moved.

    ReplyDelete