Sunday, January 25, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last week's gyros turned out really well. Not quite the same as the greasy masterpiece served up at my favorite take-out gyro joint downtown, but the flavor was really good. My two biggest problems were the quality of the flat bread from my market and my tzatziki, which turned out a bit watery. I did discover that the tzatziki was the perfect consistency for dressing though, so next time I might just throw the whole thing together as a gyro salad.

This week the girls will be going for a sleep over at Grandma's (yay, adult time!!) and we will be hosting a Super Bowl Party. The menu will include Cuban Sandwiches, Rice with Beans and my usual Onion Dip and and Guacamole.

Monday: Date Night!!

Tuesday: Pan Seared Salmon with Sauteed Cabbage

Wednesday: Pizza Night

Thursday: Creamy Sausage Pasta

Friday: Bean Quesadillas (seems to be becoming our regular Friday night meal because it is cheap, easy to prepare, fairly healthy and everyone eats it with no complaints)

Saturday: Omlets

Sunday: Super Bowl Party

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the gyros! I have found that the tzatziki does make a great dressing especially if you stir in some crumbled feta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The creamy sausage pasta has been on my "to-do" list for a few months - I really want to try it b/c I love all your pastas! The Super Bowl party sounds tasty, maybe I will show up and munch on your goodies :-) I'd like to hear how the salmon goes, I am in desperate need of some good recipes that don't include grilling it outside.

    ReplyDelete