Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Cheese Ball

For me, holiday food is all about tradition. As a kid, not a Christmas went by without one of these tasty little snacks. The running joke was that my mother served hollow cheese balls, since my brother and I inevitably started eating them before the guests arrived and my mother then flipped them over to hide the damage.

Now I am the one making them with my girls, and they are still as tasty as ever.




Mom's Holiday Cheese Ball

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 teaspoons onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
splash of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped

Combine all the ingredients except for the walnuts in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mash everything together until thoroughly combined (a great job for little helpers).

Form into a ball and roll in the chopped nuts. Refrigerate before serving, preferably overnight.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

  1. I have never made cheese ball, but have enjoyed eating quite a few in my lifetime :-) Sounds so easy - and looks delicious in the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheese balls, I've made and eaten more than I care to admit. Mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete