Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Slow Cooker Applesauce

This yummy treat is rich, flavorful and bares little resemblance to the jarred stuff. I first tried it to use up some apples leftover from our apple picking adventures. It turned out so well, and was so popular with the kids that I made another batch. And then another.



Slow Cooker Applesauce

10 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped into quarters
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar

Stir all ingredients together in the slow cooker. Cook on High for 4 hours. Mix well and puree if desired.

Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad yours looks a little brown too - mine was the same and I wasn't sure if it was from the apples browning a bit in the slow cooker, or from the cinnamon. I didn't care, it was delicious anyway!

    ReplyDelete