Sunday, November 9, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Last week's new Garlic Noodle recipe? Fine, but probably not something I will make again. I think Abby summed it up best when she said "Well, I ate it all, but I didn't like it."

Our bread baking, on the other hand, went pretty well. The bread itself came out a bit bland but I really enjoyed the process of making it. The girls had a blast playing with the dough, seeing it rise and then punching it down again. This week we are going to give this recipe a try.

Otherwise, there is nothing especially exciting going on here this week. Soccer has ended and with the time change it seems like the days have gotten longer. It is still fairly warm here but it starts getting dark around 4:30, so around 4:30 the girls start asking when Daddy will be home and when we can eat dinner. This makes for a long night when Daddy does not get home until 6:30.


Monday: Penne with Spinach Sauce

Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner

Wednesday: Pierogies and Broccoli

Thursday: BLTs with Avocado

Friday: Spaghetti and Meatballs

Saturday: Taco Night


Looking for more menu planning tips? Check out my Eating Well for Less series and of course more Menu Plan Monday over at Laura's place.

10 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Especially the BLT's with Avocado..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had avocado in forever. If they aren't insanely priced this week, I may have to grab one all for myself. Well, I might share it with the toddler if she's interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Beth! I love avocado on BLTs - delicious! It's my husband's favourite sandwich. I want to try the meatballs sometime soon, probably next week. I'm impressed Abby ate all her noodles if she didn't like it much - my ridiculously picky four year old wouldn't touch it if he didn't like it, lol. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy menu! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the "breakfast for dinner" thingy!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying out two new recipes this week myself, so I hope that they turn out good. If not, I have pizza in the freezer as a backup meal. LOL One of the things that I want to try out is making homemade bread. I heard that it taste so much better then store bought bread. My mother-in-law has a bread making machine that she has never used that she is going to give me.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy reading the follow ups to the new recipes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete