Sunday, November 2, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

After four straight days of pizza, candy, cake and parties I am ready to make some real meals around here. I also have to hide away those candy buckets soon. Not just yet, but soon...

This week I will be attempting homemade bread for the first time. My family loves fresh bread and Dianne's Bread Week has inspired me to finally give it a try. I am also going to make another batch of Crockpot Applesauce, which was simple and delicious. I will follow this recipe again but decrease the sugar a bit.

Monday: Creamy Sausage Pasta

Tuesday: Cheddar Corn Chowder (from the freezer)

Wednesday: Pizza Night

Thursday: Spicy Sauteed Chickpeas, Beef & Cilantro over rice

Friday: Garlic Noodles with broccoli (first time trying)

Saturday: Beef Stew (an old favorite) with homemade French Bread (first time trying)

Sunday: I'm at a baby shower; the men are on their own

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

  1. That garlic noodles recipe sounds really good. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmm, sounds good! Good luck with the bread, I just love that smell as it's baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy menu! I love beef stew, I think I'll put it on an upcoming menu. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to do beef stew for a few weeks, the weather is demanding something warm and filling - this recipe looks great. Let me know how it goes - I've done some in the past that were very average and not great. The sausage pasta I'll have to try (of course) and I'm sure it will be as good as your others. The garlic noodles looks interesting as well . . . hmmmmm . . . lots of good choices. I hear you on the pizza and candy overload - I ate so much crap last week (um, and still am eating candy) that I feel like a bloated whale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I hope the bread goes well. I am a wimp and I always make bread in my bread machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh, I so want to try the chickpea recipe. My family would complain, though. It might just be worth it!

    Jen
    http://www.ListPlanIt.com

    ReplyDelete