Sunday, October 26, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

The excitement is really mounting in our house as we get closer and closer to Halloween. Both girls are super excited about dressing up and of course the candy. They don't even end up eating most of it, but just the trill of getting so much candy and the possibility of eating it has them all giddy. For my part, I am more than happy to indulge them since before I know it they will have outgrown the whole thing.

As a result of three days of Halloween related festivities, this week will be a bit light on cooking. In the hope of balancing out this lack of home cooking and the pizza/candy overload, I did stock up on lots of healthy snacks like yogurt, string cheese, fruits and veggies. Oh, and I will be roasting up some pumpkin seeds after we carve our jack-o-lanterns.

Monday: Penne with Mushroom Bolognese (new recipe that I did not get to last week)

Tuesday: Roast Chicken and Garden Salad

Wednesday: Tuna Melts and Carrots

Thursday: At party (probably pizza)

Friday: Pizza again, then Trick or Treating!!

Saturday: Daddy's Braised Ribs



Check out more menu plan monday here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your ribs recipe, they sound great! You have a yummy menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good looking week ahead. I hope you and the kids have a lovely Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll have to try the ribs, they sound delicious!! We're in the same boat this week - Halloween stuff AND it's David's birthday tomorrow. Yikes. There's sugar everywhere I look, lol.

    I made the Quick Meat Sauce last night for a bunch of friends who came over, and everyone loved it. It was my first time cooking with sausage, and the flavour was just amazing. They even asked me for the recipe - and my husband wants you to be my new best friend b/c he literally loves every one of your recipes I've made. (And there have been many of them, lol.) Thanks again for keeping us fed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your Halloween trick or treating. And David's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't know why i don't come over here more often!! everything looks sooo yummy!!

    so please ignore all my blog hopping...i feel like i have sooo much to write down!!

    ReplyDelete