Sunday, October 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

It feels like we have gone from summer to winter here, which means I am suddenly really in the mood to cook.

I finally got around to trying Dana's Spicy Sauteed Chickpeas, Beef & Cilantro this past week and it was a big hit, even with the kids. The chickpeas and cilantro are a great combination, it was easy to prepare and it was a nice change from my typical ground beef dishes. The only changes I made were omitting the Spike Seasoning (because I did not have any), using beef broth (because it was what I had) and reducing the chickpeas to one 19 ounce can.

Deborah's Beef Stroganoff was also a success. My Polish husband and my cream sauce loving girl licked their plates clean. I felt like the sauce was missing just a little something, although I am not sure what that something is. Garlic? More pepper? Beef consomme in place of the beef stock? I will play with the recipe a bit next time and see what I can come up with.

And finally, on to this week's menu:

Sunday: Chicken Fajitas

Monday: Drunken Garlic Pot Roast with Potatoes and Squash

Tuesday: Daddy out; leftovers for the girls

Wednesday: Pizza Night

Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner

Friday: Linguine with Clams and Bacon

Saturday: Roast Chicken with Salad


Check out more Menu Plan Monday

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

  1. Great menu :)

    That drunken garlic pot roast sounds soooo good.

    My Menu Plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good week to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a delicious week at your house! I've been meaning to try the Linguine with Clams and Bacon, so I hope to do that soon. We liked the chickpea and beef dish too, it was great!

    ReplyDelete