Sunday, September 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

My first week of 30 days of nothing inspired spending had it ups and downs. My $60 worth of groceries did last us the week and although I spent a few dollars more this week, I did manage to stick to a carefully planned list. What I did not do so well on was my other spending. I did at least consider our true need for each item more carefully before buying though. Change is hard, my friends, and I am a sucker for a bargin on cute baby clothes.

This week is filled with busy nights so I have gone with leftover night, easy meals and crock pot meals. Exciting, I know.

Saturday: Pasta with Pesto and Tomatoes
Sunday: Cookout
Monday: Leftovers from Sunday (we have a fridge full)
Tuesday: The girls and I have a birthday party; Daddy is on his own
Wednesday: Pierogies and Broccoli
Thursday: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Friday: Mexican Style Slow Cooker Chicken

Also, since Laura has declared this week's menu plan monday to be a family favorites edition, here are a few of our tired and trues:

Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Quesadillas
Creamy Sausage Pasta

Head on over to Laura's for more Menu Plan Monday, Family Favorites Edition

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will definitely be checking out your links, I'm so glad it's family favorites week...

    I can definitely sympathize with your weakness for a good baby bargain! ;)
    have a great week,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete