Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad

This simple summer salad recipe from a friend has quickly become a favorite.

The sweet strawberries, tangy goat cheese and flavorful dressing combine perfectly for an easy summer lunch or appetizer.




Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
Serves 4-6

3 large heads romaine lettuce
1 pound strawberries, sliced
1 cup (4 oz) crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup red onion (about half a small onion), finely chopped
Raspberry Cabernet Vinaigrette Dressing (T. Marzetti brand, available in the produce section)

Wash the lettuce well, tear into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, cheese, red onion and enough dressing to coat well.

Toss and serve.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious, but unfortunately I don't think I can get that dressing here in the UK. Maybe I can find a similar one or a recipe to make it though. I'll definitely keep my eye out as the flavour combination really intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make this, too, but use spinach instead of lettuce. Wonderful, and the kids love it, too! I also use Brianna's Poppyseed as an alternative. Just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I think I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete