Sunday, July 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This week I have a new shrimp salad recipe that I am very excited to try. My kids love shrimp, the recipe uses simple fresh ingredients (including vegetables!) and it can be made ahead. All the makings of a perfect summer meal.

I am also very excited about the progress my garden is making. My little basil plants are finally big enough to begin making pesto and my tomatoes look to be about a week away. Nothing beats tomatoes fresh from the garden!

Monday: Shrimp Salad Rolls

Tuesday: Out for Birthday Dinner

Wednesday: Pasta and Pesto

Thursday: Linguine with Clams and Bacon

Friday: Leftovers/Pantry Meal

Saturday: Vacation!

More Menu Plan Monday

***********
Edited to Add:

Sadly, the shrimp salad did not turn out as well as I had hoped. The flavor was okay, but it turned out very watery (too much lime juice?) and both girls declared it "blah-ie".

4 comments:

  1. HI Beth :)
    The Pasta and Pesto sounds delicious,isn't it lovely using fresh basil? have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh basil too. I grow some in a flower pot on my deck every summer and enjoy using it in many dishes. Your menu looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds good. It seems like a lot of menu planners are talking about fresh tomatoes today- I am debating about staying in today or braving the heat with the kids to get to the farmer's market and get some fresh tomatoes.... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is amazing!!! How is it I'm just find this now? I just perused all your menus and love them all, I find they are similar to our tastes and seem easy to make. I must have been living in a closet to not have come here before - I've been to your other blog a number of times, but never clicked this link. Who knew what I was missing!!! This is AWESOME.

    I have yet to try my own pesto, but I think I'll take the plunge. I was hoping to grow some herbs this summer but baby number three has put a bit of a slow down on all my previous big plans ;-) Maybe I will steal some from my neighbour and whip up some pesto!

    Thanks for all the great recipes, I'll be trying MANY of them!

    ReplyDelete