Sunday, April 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

My goal is to plan meals that are:
1) Healthy
2) Fit within my budget
3) Will be enjoyed (or at least eaten) by my husband and kids

Achieving any two of the three is pretty easy. If I forget about eating healthy, I can make plenty of things everyone will love. If I forget about my budget I can also make some great things. And of course I could make plenty of cheap, healthy food that no one would eat.

Lately, we have not been eating as healthy as I would like so this week I am trying to focus on that. One problem I have with the healthy eating is that my kids do not eat salads. The texture of lettuce freaks them out. They do like most of the other vegetables that go in a salad and they love hard boiled eggs, so I am going to try giving them the salad fixings with some bread. Not exactly a separate meal, just a slight variation...

So here is this week's healthy, budget friendly menu that my family might possibly eat:

Monday: Pan Seared Salmon and Sauteed Cabbage

Tuesday: Spinach Salad with Bacon, Hard Boiled Eggs and Tomatoes

Wednesday: Pizza Night

Thursday: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken and Spanish Rice)

Friday: Pierogies and Broccoli

Saturday: Italian Sausage and Mushroom Pasta


More Menu Plan Monday

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 comments:

  1. Love arroz con pollo. My older son used to love hard-boiled eggs -- what a perfect meal, especially as the weather gets warmer. Unfortunately he's not much of a fan anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat a lot of spinach salads when it's warm out, they are so good! I'm off to check out your salmon recipe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week - the cabbage is simple but great way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great menu, everything sounds so good :)

    Have a great week!

    Rachel xxx
    A Juggling Mum

    PS - I have a competition running at the moment for a free blog design. If you win you can use it yourself or give it to a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spinach salad with bacon, sound like my ideal salad. Do you have a recipe link?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not have a recipe for the spinach salad. I am going to try to make something similar to one I had in a restaurant. If it works out I will post the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week! I'm lucky that (so far) my little guy eats pretty much any and all veggies, but I'd recommend doing a sort of crudite platter, sans lettuce, to get them to eat their veggies. When I was little my mom would do that sometimes with a lazy Susan/compartmentalized tray she had with dip in the middle and we'd always eat a ton! Plus it is super easy to make, just wash, chop some of the items, and go!

    Best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMMmmmmm! Your menu sounds yummy! We love eating healthy as well. I will be back to browse your site and recipes.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great menu, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great meal plan and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete