Sunday, March 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Aside from the stress of having to have everything cooked and hot at the same time, our Easter dinner turned out very well. The Cheddar and Chive Scones were a big hit. I followed this recipe, except I substituted chives for the dill. This was my first time making scones and I will definitely be experimenting with some different types. I was planning on getting back to my diet this week but we have leftover pie, cake and cupcakes so that is not looking too likely.

This week’s menu is not very exciting. I have lots of leftovers, including today's ham, so I will be working on using them up in this week’s menu.

I plan dinners only. For lunch we have leftovers or sandwiches. For breakfast we generally have Cheerios with fruit, yogurt, pancakes or waffles. I let the girls pick.

Monday: German Farmer's Breakfast (for dinner)

Tuesday: Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli

Wednesday: Pizza night!

Thursday: Ham and Cheese Panini

Friday: Pasta with Shrimp and Pesto (similar to this, but with what I have in my freezer)

Saturday: Out to dinner

More Menu Plan Monday

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


9 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm . . . the German breakfast looks delish! I'll have to try that for dinner next week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try that German Farmer's breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That German Farmer's breakfast sounds really great! So does a ham and cheese panini!

    Have a wonderful week,

    Sherry

    http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/03/menu-plan-monday-spring-break-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh me, oh my...the ham. I have so much ham left over!!

    The German Farmer's Breakfast sounds GREAT!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Farmer's Breakfast sounds yummy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... that German breakfast looks really really good! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, that German Farmer's Breakfast sounds and looks incredible. I'll have to try that sometime. We love breakfast for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh the german farmer's breakfast sounds delicious.have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pasta with some pesto. A very family freindly plan for the week.

    ReplyDelete