Sunday, March 16, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Easter already?? We are still celebrating St. Patrick's Day and it feels like winter here, but we will do our best to get in the spirit. I do have a great idea for a fun new tradition for the kids from Beth over at A Mom's Life.

I plan dinners only. For lunch we have leftovers or sandwiches. For breakfast we generally have Cheerios with fruit, yogurt, pancakes or waffles. I let the girls pick.

Monday: Corned Beef Sandwiches
Tuesday: Lasagna (I follow this recipe except I use my own homemade sauce)
Wednesday: Pizza Night!
Thursday: Scrambled Egg, Tomato and Avocado Wraps
Friday: Sauerbraten and Mashed Potatoes
Saturday: Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli
Sunday: Easter Dinner Menu:

  • Appetizer: Deviled Eggs (a must because I could not resist buying one of those cute deviled egg plates this year).


  • Dinner: Baked Ham* (see below), Sautéed Spring Vegetables (I will see what looks fresh), Cauliflower Gratin and Cheddar Dill Scones; I just saw Ina make these scones on TV and want to try them. I am not a dill fan so I will probably use chives instead.


  • Not sure about dessert. Any ideas?


*A Baked Ham tips: I have tried making my own glaze with all sorts of expensive ingredients, but I find that the free glaze packet they include with the ham is really just as good. More important than what you glaze it with is that you cook it cut side down to keep it moist and flavorful. I cook mine at 350 for about 1 hour. It can then be served warm or at room temperature. So, so easy.

More Menu Plan Monday

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 comments:

  1. I love cauliflower and have to put your gratin on my "must try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm- corned beef sandwiches, yum! I never thought about adding broccoli to pasta... I add it to everything else... I am sure it would be delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Egg, tomato & Avocado Wraps sound great! What do you wrap them in?

    I love dill so I am going to try your Cheddar Dill Scones!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the dill; chives sounds so much tastier! Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wraps on THursday sound so good! DO yo follow a recipe or just "wing it"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything on your menu sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great menu! I have been getting really into mashed potatoes lately... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete