Monday, February 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This week I will be trying several new recipes from the cookbook Giada's Family Dinners, starting with yesterday's Dirty Risotto. I will post the recipes and results throughout the week so please check back.

I plan dinners only. For lunch we have leftovers or sandwiches. For breakfast we generally have Cheerios with fruit, yogurt, pancakes or waffles. I let the girls pick.




Sunday:Dirty Risotto "This has all the flavors that everyone loves most: it's cheesy, creamy, and smokey, with bits of bacon and sausage in every bite. Pure Italian comfort food."

Monday: Prosciutto and Melon Panini "Melon with prosciutto is no doubt one of the most popular antipasti. With the addition of silky brie cheese and yeasty focaccia this flavor combo becomes an outstanding sandwich"


Tuesday: Grilled Steak Sandwich "...all the ingredients can be prepped ahead and a little bit of meat goes a long way"


Wednesday: Pizza night!


Thursday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce


Friday: Veggie Omelets


Saturday: Veal Scaloppini with Saffron Cream Sauce "Every cook should have a simple showstopper like this one .... the dish cooks in a flash and it delivers a tender, creamy and mouthwatering bite"


And for dessert: Zuccotto (selected by my daughter Abby based on the pretty picture) "desserts don't get much showier than this... taste is pure decadence... if you use purchased pound cake, which I recommend, it's not at all hard to make"

More Menu Plan Monday

5 comments:

  1. I like Giada! She made something the other day I need to look up -- pasta over wilted greens... yum.

    The dirty risotto looks like a wonderful dish! I will try this! Thanks for the recipe.

    Have a blessed week,

    Sherry

    http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/02/menu-plan-monday-february-25th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This menu plan looks fantastic!!!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Giada! I don't get the Food Channel at home but I go to the gym and hop on the treadmill, and watch her show there. How sad is that? :)

    Your week sounds wonderful! Everything looks so interesting and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giada is just amazing!!!the dirty risotto is a must try thanks :) have a great week mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, can I come over for dinner? I love risotto, and that panini sounds cool! You'll have to give a review.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete