Monday, February 18, 2008

Easy Homemade Gravy

I was roasting a chicken tonight and decided to throw together some gravy as a treat for my poor husband, who has been sick. My husband will eat anything I cook but he rarely gives lavish compliments. Past compliments have included things like "I have eaten worse food in a restaurant." Gee, thanks. His review of this gravy "Chicken gravy is usually bland but this is so good I would drink it if I could." It is that good. And easy too.

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chicken drippings plus chicken stock
1 tablespoon Cognac

Melt butter in a small heavy bottom sauce pan over medium low heat. Add flour, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the hot drippings/stock mixture, then the Cognac. Cook until thickened 3-5 minutes.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Post a Comment