Friday, January 18, 2008

Pan Seared Salmon and Sautéed Cabbage

This is a meal idea that is simple, healthy, filling and quick.

My husband and I love the buttery sautéed cabbage. For a couple of tablespoons of butter you get lots of butter flavor throughout. For reasons that are beyond me, my kids think the cabbage is 'very yuck', so I usually make them a different vegetable. At least they eat the salmon.



Pan Seared Salmon
Season 4 ounce pieces of salmon with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Add the fish and cook about 4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fish.

Sautéed Cabbage
Chop cabbage into long, thin pieces as if making coleslaw. Heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a large skillet. Add cabbage, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sauté until softened, about 10-15 minutes.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Post a Comment